Apple and Apricot Cinnamon Cake
A deliciously easey Cinnamon Apple and Apricot Cake made from scratch. This soft and tender Apple Cake is pacled with fresh apples and features a drizzle of sweet Apricot frosting.
Yield: 1 Person
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowls
- 8 inch Cake Pan
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp La Vieja Fabrica Apricot Fruit Spread
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, Plain
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl mix until well combined.
- In a seprate meduim bowl, mix together eggs, 1 tbsp fruit spread, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients in with wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Once combined, fold your apple into batter.
- Pour batter into greased 8 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make your frosting. In a small bowl add in your powdered sugar, cinnamon, fruit spread and heavy cream. Mix until well combined. Add more heavy cream if frosting is too thick.
- Allow cake to cool and puncture holes in center of cake. Frost and garnish with cinnamon sticks.